Friday, June 24, 2011

Review of Sustainable Sunday #2 suggestion.

Using the steps outlined I made several airtight sealers myself using the instructions I found on Angie Padillas’ blog.
It was actually very easy. Personally I don’t think you need to melt the bottom of it unless it ended up being very sharp. The three sealers that I made were not sharp but looked a little rough. However, if this sealer was something you wanted to keep for a long time or make them to give as gifts it would make it have a finished look.

The second one I made one out of a SOBE bottle. The opening was larger and worked well.

I then made one out of a Simply Orange bottle because their lid is big and very easy to open. The lid is big but the opening did not seem any larger.

These sealers worked on the several types of bags I used. However, I feel this is for use with a product that is not a liquid because I tested it and after a while some water did leak out and I think that was because of the bag that was between the two pieces of plastic.

All and all, I think this would be great to use for pretzels, nuts, dried fruit, chex mix or any similar food item. The smaller snack size bags work great. I didn’t have any larger bags to try it on at this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment